Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pot and pan band




Well, we just finished band practice.  LJ and I have played so much that he now knows where to put up the spoon and pot all by himself!  Lance was a musical addition tonight, and I think they make great music together!  To wind down, we are watching some "Backyardigans"...they play a lot of music too.  

This morning, I made some French toast casserole while calling my mom and wishing her a happy birthday!  I wish I lived close enough to drive down the street and take her out to lunch!  Soon, though, Me-Maw!  I'll be there in just a few weeks and we'll have several good lunches together!
The casserole was  a hit, and Lance's ride to the field, Andy Mitchell, joined us.  It was the least I could do for him since he takes Lance to and from the field most days!  What a big help when LJ is napping or in bed!
After they left for the game, LJ and I headed to the Y.  I got a good light workout in, (still feeling a bit icky, but better!) and then he and I went and played basketball.  After that, (he wasn't too in to it today) we went home for lunch and nap time.
When Lance got home and LJ woke up, we went to a local mall.   LJ and I rode the carousel! He wasn't too excited about it at first, but he warmed up to it after a bit.  I really liked it, though.  There was a pet store there -- a Goldendoodle ( mix of retriever and poodle - no shedding! - check the picture) saw LJ, he did not take his eyes off him.  I tried to get the dog's attention, but he only had eyes for LJ.  I think he wanted him to be his "boy".  Lance is lucky we are movers because if we were settled in Alabama to stay, I would have come home with a best friend for LJ.  :)  After an easy dinner in the food court and cookies to go, we headed home.  That brings us to now:  the end of our band practice.  Tomorrow, Lance leaves for his road trip at 9:30 a.m.  LJ and I will follow him to Richmond for two days then come home.  Lance will then head to Charlotte, NC.  
I hope your day was good -- Mommy, I especially hope yours was  and that you stopped for a birthday ice cream and enjoyed your message ;)
Goodnight for now!
Love,
Jamie

0 comments: