Thursday, April 10, 2008

A beautiful day!

The weather today was wonderful for the first time since we've been here.  The sun was out, the temperature was warm.  It was perfect.  Lance had a day game, so he really got to enjoy it.  LJ and I were inside some for his nap, but even looking at the sun through the windows was an improvement.

LJ had an AMAZING day at the Y this morning.  Every 10 minutes or so, I'd go check to see if he was crying, and he wasn't.  After about 45 minutes and changing into my swimsuit, I ran out of things to do.  I went and picked him up.  Usually, when I near the nursery, I can hear him fussing or see him waiting angrily by the door.  When I got there, he was playing with the other kids!!!! His "teachers" and I were celebrating, dancing and all!  It was an amazing turn around.  I seriously could have cried tears of joy.  He wanted to show me some of the toys he was playing with and never once shed a tear.  They said he stopped crying within minutes after my leaving and never cried again.  I am SO happy.  Everyone said he'd start to get used to it.  I had my doubts.  At least, now, I know he can do it, and I am excited to see what he can learn socially now.
Lance leaves at 3:45 a.m. for his first road trip.  It's an 8 day one, and the first one of the year is usually the hardest.  I think I'll miss him more than I've ever missed him before.  LJ is doing so much and loves him so much, so I think having to answer, "Dada?" ( Where is he?) over and over again will be difficult.  It's also a bit tough because I don't know anyone here.  For eight days, LJ will be my only company, and I'll miss having an adult to talk to at some time during those days.  Phones are great, but it's hard when you don't have company that you can see.  It will be better when I meet a wife or two, I think.  For now, I'm thankful we have the YMCA and LJ's gymboree classes.  It's fun for him, and there's always the chance to meet another mom there.
Well, that's about it for us.  I don't have a photo for tonight, but I will get one or two for tomorrow.  It's supposed to be beautiful here.  In Indianapolis where Lance is going, they are expecting cold weather, maybe snow.  Bless his heart.  Please pray for us as he is away.  Lord, keep him safe and bring him home soon!
Love,
Jamie

0 comments: