Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fun times...





Well, another good one.  I'm telling you - aside from having a boy that doesn't need sleep, he's awesome.  He did sleep till 6:15 a.m. this morning, but I don't think that will ever be "long enough" in my book.  It was better, though.  I actually woke up feeling rested.  


We went to the Y again, and he fussed when I left, but they said he played well after.  I got a good workout in and checked on him often.  Every time I went down there, he was playing.

I thought he caught me checking once, but I ducked just in time.  It makes me smile to go down there and see him happy.  It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling ;) .  Those teachers are the best.  After the good workout, I went and picked him up with a basketball.  He made sure to tell everyone there he was going to play "baskball" before we said "thenk uuuu" and headed out to play.   I didn't bring my "A" game today, and LJ defeated me with a jump shot at the buzzer, but I promised him I'd "bring it" tomorrow.  We'll see.

After that, we headed home and had some lunch.  It was a good, quick one, so we were able to take Rookie out to play before we showered.  After some good play time and getting cleaned up, LJ had a good 1 1/2 hour nap.  When he woke up, we got all our stuff ready and headed to the mall.  They have an indoor "playground" - more like climbing on foamy plastic things, but he loves it.  The kids there are all going crazy like they snuck half of their parent's Starbucks, but it is an awesome thing to have in the mall.  It's inside, around people, so you feel safe.  The kids get to run around, so maybe you can convince them to sit still before or after while you shop.   LJ's not there yet but maybe one day. :) At one point, all the kids were laying on the floor like they were playing "dead bug", (remember that game from the skating rink?).  LJ ran over there and laid down with them, too - -I posted a picture.  He's really getting more social, and I loved seeing him play.   

Oh, I forgot - before playing, we ate at Johnny Rockets, and our burgers were pretty good...oh, and we bought the cutest pair of shoes for LJ with little baseballs on them.  They have a squeaker in the heel, so I can hear him anywhere he goes.  He sounds like one of Rookie's squeaky toys walking around.

After all that, we headed home, talked to Me-Maw for a bit and played some more.  After bath time, Me-Maw sang him to sleep with me, and we prayed he'd sleep till "morning light".  Crossing my fingers!  We get to go see Doodlebops live tomorrow, so keep your eye out for pictures.  We are so excited!!!!!  Have a great night's sleep, and we will talk to you soon.
Love,
Jamie

Little notes:
* I finally figured out why LJ beats his chest and roars when he sees an umbrella.  It sounds like "gorilla", and though he knows they look like different things, he thinks they make the same sound!  He does the same kind of thing with "rabbit" - he sees a frog and says, "ribbit" and says the same thing when he sees a bunny.  So cute.
*Miss you, Lance -- only 2 more nights and you'll be home!  Don't forget the modjeskas - chocolate covered and regular -- I think I like the regular the best if I have to choose.  :)
*The birds polished off all the birdseed in the bird-feeders.  I will have to refill them tonight.  My favorite bird, a pigeon who is bald on top,  (he looks like he forgot to put on his hair-piece), got run off the balcony today.  It looked like the other pigeons were picking on him.  If they don't let him get some food, I'll go out there tomorrow.  The cardinal and his girlfriend keep coming back and lots of finches stay all day.  The bluejay makes a cameo appearance once in a while, but he's always alone and leaves quickly.  I'm amazed at how much he looks like the bluejay on the baseball uniform.  


0 comments: