When I went and got him, we went to the gym to play some basketball. He loves to do that - his interest fades after a few minutes, but he loves it while we're there. We headed home for lunch and then it was naptime.
After naptime, we took Rookie to play at the tennis court and on the slide. While we were there, "Emmit", our dog neighbor - TOO CUTE, was there playing, too. We went to the slide while he was there because Emmitt is a HUGE boxer/lab, so he could eat Rookie for a small snack. I'm sure he wouldn't, but we've been down that road before.
After our good playtime, LJ actually obeyed and FOLLOWED me home, no arguments! That is so rare! It's no fun to go inside when you are outside. Usually it's a battle - no bribes or anything today :) With Rookie tired, we headed to the mall for a little food court dinner. LJ has been very picky lately (well, maybe not picky, just rejecting his staple, chicken). I thought if we could have a hodge-podge of food on our tray, we could create a full meal. He ate a hot dog, (no bun), some french fries, a few bites of my baked potato, some "pop stars" puffs, and 4 dried apricots.
Before and after, he played on the little playground there -- amounting to over an hour and a half of play. There were lots of kids there, and LJ was in his glory. He goes right up to kids his age, plays hard, hugs them and just loves it. The ladybug he is standing on in the picture - I can't tell you how many times he fell off of it. He laughed so hard each time, and then climbed back up to do it again. Every few minutes, he looks over at me and runs AS HARD as he can, (almost falling), to give me a hug. It steals my heart. I love it.
Now, we are home and after playing with all the toys and having a good bath, my little one is in his bed..after saying "amen" after our prayer. Some days are just this good -- "Dada" gets home in just a little while, too, so it will be a party in the morning, (probably before dawn), when LJ wakes up. He loves that "dada".
I hope your day was great -- I loved mine.
Love,
Jamie




0 comments:
Post a Comment