As I type tonight, the house is filled with the smell of home-cookin'! ...Well, maybe not from scratch home cooking, but a jar of fricasse from Lafayette is on the stove. It's something I bought there to try, and tonight's the night. It smells delicious, and I think it will be good to eat pretty soon.
Today was a pretty good day. LJ and Lance went to the YMCA on their own this morning, and Lance said LJ did better. He cried off and on and even played a little "ball" with some other children. Some days he's so mad, he doesn't notice the other toys, so I think that his playing is a good sign.
I noticed some wonderful birds outside our apartment window the last few days. I've seen a cardinal, a robin, a few finches and lots of others, so LJ and I went and bought a bird-feeder at Wal-Mart today, ( among other things). I look forward to waking up, ( hopefully) with the birds eating breakfast outside our window tomorrow. We'll see! They are so beautiful and peaceful to me.
L.J. went down easily tonight. We have been playing hard since his dinner, and he was tired. I got a little basketball goal for his bath tub at Wal-Mart ( less than $5) and he got the full cost out of it just tonight. He played for thirty minutes - putting the balls in and taking them out....all after kicking, throwing and hitting the ball in the den for over an hour! I'll attach a video of that. I'm hoping he'll sleep well tonight.
Lance is at his game right now - it is still so cold here. I'm watching the game on t.v. right now, and it doesn't seem to be raining. That is a blessing - they have been cold and wet out there for many nights in a row. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow. They end this home-stand on Thursday with a day game, and it's supposed to be 75 degrees! Yay! I'm so sad for Lance to leave but at least we will have some good weather while he is gone. It's always hard to adjust with him being away the first road trip. We sure will miss him.
Well, I'm going to go try out a new cookie recipe while I have the time. It's a no-bake one. If it's good, I'll share it with you tomorrow. I hope you have had a wonderful day!
Love,
Jamie




0 comments:
Post a Comment