Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love the mornings - who knew?

OK, so there's a catch to this -- I love mornings here!  I wake up, and there is a family of 5 otters outside on my water hazard, (one of them a baby), a beautiful white bird, a heron and 2 black duck-like birds "fishing".  When I took Rookie out, there were 2 squirrels and a bunny.  LJ is actually sleeping well at the moment, so when Lance leaves at 7 something, these are the things I see as I wake up.  I get a kiss from him, a cup of coffee and a morning with LJ/Rookie/wildlife watching some curious George.  It's great!  Moving to downtown will be a shock, but it'll be fun to enjoy the "other side of the coin", so to speak.
I took some random pictures because these are things LJ does all the time.  He won't smile or pose for the camera, so I caught him doing things I see him do all day.  I hope you enjoy.

This is his face when he thinks about something I just said or asked.  For example, I think I asked him, "Who's your favorite character in Dora?" ...He said "Boots", of course :)  A monkey named after shoes.


As he waits for his breakfast, this is him talking to a picture of Lance.  He does this a lot, as if he's really there.  Today, as we drove up to the field, he says, "I see you, Daddy!", then as he's pitching he says, "Hey, Daddy, I brought my glove!" His dialogue with him is neverending, despite whether he's present or not :)


These are some of my wonderful "morning friends".


LJ goes and gets his bathroom stool and "pitches" to me from it, like it's his mound.


This is him talking to me.  He talks incessantly, and he's just sharing a tidbit of something, I forget what, with me here.  

1 comments:

Jenn McPherson said...

We LOVE to feed our ducks, fish and turtles outside our deck too! It's so cool, right? Looks like ya'll are having a blast!! He is so cute!