Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A fun day outside!

A few days ago, LJ and I spent the entire day outside.  We woke up and biked to the playground.  Nearby, there is a gravel road, and LJ liked that more than any slide.  He ran from one side with a rock, to the other to drop it in the gutter.  After that, we went from pond to pond, looking for an alligator.  We didn't see one, but we sat down and watched some herons.  The one pictured actually took a stab at a fish, picked it up and ate it right in front of us.  I was shocked because the fish was twice as big as his head!  That night, we ate outside, and LJ had his first taste of corn on the cob...enjoy the pictures!  P.S.  He picked out his own outfit - we tend to change from one sports uniform to another here :)

mmmm...blue eyes, yellow corn :)


Here is our hungry heron - LJ actually took this picture.  When we stopped, he said, "Mom, can we sit?"  How could I say no?


Here he is on one side of the gravel road...


...back to the other to drop the rock in!


Man, I'm exhausted!


I'll just sit on the playground and drink mom's propel :)

0 comments: