I wish I could adequately convey the chaos that was the mall playground this afternoon. If there was a soundtrack, those with low blood pressure could use it to raise theirs. Picture it: about 25 kids, (ages 2 - 8 or 9) running around, full throttle, into each other, jumping, chasing, racing. Going up the slide the wrong way while other little ones are trying to go down. Jumping barefoot off of tall rubber ambulances while others run below, all the while yelling at the top of their lungs. Most of the parents turn a blind eye - they are exhausted and this gives them a moment, so anything goes. I'm amazed that the younger ones, including LJ, aren't intimidated by the atmosphere, but they just play along. I told LJ, he's braver than I am.
This morning, LJ and I headed to church - followed the directions of the Garmin and showed up to an empty building. Bummer. So, then we followed directions to "Port Charlotte Church"...it seems that ..."of Christ" was missing from the title. No offense WHATSOEVER, (please no comments of offense on the blog), but we aren't church of Christ. I was looking for more non-denominational, so the Books-A-Million ended our church-search for the morning. Lord, we tried. LJ was even singing "big big house" in the car. While in Books-a-Million, LJ threw a tantrum, (and a train, barely missing another child), so it could have been better. C'est La Vie, though, right? Especially with a two-year-old. I am so glad to find a train set and book place, though. Port Charlotte is a small town, so our church options are kind of limited. I think we'll try First Baptist next week. Enjoy the pics from our crazy mall playtime. Hope your Sunday was blessed!!
I pretty much made this post for this picture because I laughed out loud thinking, "Hope you don't CATCH anything at the mall playground"...(he's acting like a catcher and standing on a play thermometer...I crack me up!)
The thermometer :)
Now how do I get down? LJ's not much of a "jumper", but he does like to climb :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment