Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fishing for memories, (not a single bite!)

Here are a few pictures from our last few days.  We have been fishing (with hot dogs), kite-flying, you name it!  The weather cooled down for a few days, so we've been creative.  It's back up to 80 degrees tomorrow, so we'll jump into our YMCA / pool routine again :).  We hope you are well!!  
P.S.  I added some new songs to my playlist since I keep it in the background while I'm cleaning.  Some of the new songs are "heavy" - feel free to bypass them by hitting next if you are on the blog.  They are all Christian songs, but it might not be your cup of tea - :)  Enjoy some of the new, "softer" ones instead!

Well, he's growing up!  He brushes his own teeth, (with a little help), will be going potty all alone once he gets his "aim" down, and he sleeps like a little man most nights - till 7 a.m. (Thank you, Lord!)


Fishing like a big boy in our back yard - we got his spiderman fishing pole from wal-mart, and we fished all afternoon with hot dogs.  I don't think the fish were impressed.


This is the most still he's been in a while - he's "waiting" for a fish.


A great father-son moment :)


I got one!  No, not really - I think the hook was caught on a blade of grass :)


The cutest little fisherman


We didn't catch anything either, but we tried!


We tried out our Buzz Lightyear kite - it cost about 2 dollars and stayed up for about 2 minutes.  Lance says, if it's a dollar a minute, he'd like to go find a 20 dollar kite :)  Look how windy it is - I look like I'm about to take flight in my parachute pants - hehe!


3 comments:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

Fun times! It's funny your post is about fishing, and flying a kite... Brian just mentioned yesterday that we should go buy a kite, and the day before we said we needed to take Shelby fishing for Nemo :)

Too bad you didn't catch anything... I know LJ would've been sooo excited!

Jenn McPherson said...

Those are so cute! Dallas would have had fun fishing with ya'll!! Oh, have to ask...have you tried cross fit? I did it here and I LOVE it!!

Jenn McPherson said...

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I LOVED it! It's so basic but I thought it really pushed me. Only trouble is there is no daycare, so I have to wait until Dallas gets home to go to the last class hey offer. Somedays I even miss that. Poor thing, he is so tired by the time he gets home! I'm going to do it during the season though, once I get Reese in a morning program!!