Monday, September 15, 2008

Just a short trip...


Well, Lance is away again, but it will be just a short one.  LJ woke up from his nap today and was SO upset that Lance wasn't here anymore.  I think he is beginning to understand that, "Daddy is away for a few days", means he isn't coming back after bedtime.  Because of that, I am thinking of moving up our NY trip to Thursday.  Lance won't get there until the wee hours of Friday morning, but we can all wake up together and LJ will be SO happy!  LJ's friend, Shelby, is there, so we may have to schedule a play date, if possible!  :)


Aside from Lance leaving, our day was great.  Lance, being the amazing man he is ;) , let me rest some more this morning.  I have told him recently, "If you give me a little rest here and there, your life will be GOOD."  To prove that, I got up after some rest the other morning and made him breakfast in bed!  With LJ's EARLY mornings and Lance's LATE nights, I sometimes burn the candle at both ends.  Why mince words -- not sometimes...All season!  :)  An hour or two in the morning can make the ultimate difference for me, and I am SO thankful!  I, for some odd reason, am unable to nap, so this makes my day fantastic!  Thanks again, Lance!!

Anyway, after I got my lazy head out of bed :), we headed to the harbor.  We packed up our bikes and rode the dragon paddle boats!!!!!  I had my camera all ready, but the battery was dead.  Above is a picture of the dragons.  We somehow bypassed the "age requirement " for LJ - he's a big boy, and enjoyed a paddle in the harbor.  Lance and I stopped pedaling and joked, "there's nothing like sitting in a boat and soaking up the sun".  : )  We both LOVE sitting in a boat, but rarely get to do it, so our little dragon was a great glimpse of that joy.  Pretty quickly, though, we had to start pedaling again so that we wouldn't drift pass the "white cone" that was supposed to be our boundary!  You know I'm all about the rules and don't want someone coming out from the dock to yell at us for going too far!  What a cool city, huh!?

Anyway, we went and ate at UNO pizzeria again ...had the dessert, AGAIN.  It wasn't quite as gooey, though, and they topped it with cinnamon ice cream?  I guess I'm all about cinnamon, but I'm really more of a vanilla or chocolate girl when it comes to my pizzookie.  Anyhow, we came home, put LJ to bed and pretty soon it was time for Lance to leave.  
So, after nap time, with Lance gone, LJ and I headed to the gym for a bit.  After a short workout for me, LJ and I swam for a LONG time.  For almost 2 hours, we played in the pool, then headed home, gave him milk, took Rookie out, got in our PJ's and now it's bedtime!  I have clothes laid out, (long sleeves - the high is 74!) for the morning.  We are going to the park and maybe even to breakfast before going to the gym at 11 a.m.  With LJ, I stay busy because he's got a lot of energy!  I look up sometimes, amazed at how late in the day it is...he passes it by quickly.

I hope your day was fantastic...ours was, and home is just around the corner.  I can't believe it!!!!  
We miss and love you, Lance!!!  
Goodnight!

0 comments: