Friday, June 20, 2008

You're all clean now, Rookie!!



Well, today was bath day for Rookie.  I had promised Avery Guthrie that we would bathe him together, so that's what the pictures are.  Like most kids, she doesn't forget, so I wanted to include her in Rookie's bath time.  She was so good and gentle with him -- LJ and Hudson lost interest pretty quickly, so they're not pictured, but Avery helped the whole time.  


LJ and I had a great day - good workout this morning.  LJ's "BFF", Andrew, ( takes care of him in childcare), took LJ to the squash court and played ball the whole time.  LJ saw me, waved, and turned back to him.  He wasn't even interested in me!  When we were leaving, Andrew asked for a "five", but LJ leaned in and kissed his hand.  He LOVES him.  I"m so thankful for that!!

This afternoon, LJ and I stopped at Whole Foods before riding our bike to see a friend's new baby.  We wanted to bring the new mom some good food to munch on.  The baby was so precious, and LJ was in awe.  He kept saying, "baby ...bat" - trying to show her his bat.  Jada, baby Kinsley's mom, is doing well.  Her husband plays with Lance, so she's handling a new baby all on her own.  I think we'll bike over every day just to help with dishes, bring a snack, etc.  

After the visit, LJ and I biked to Hoolihans where he ate chicken fingers and I ate stuffed mushrooms. We sat outside, and it was REALLY nice.  LJ behaved himself, we played a bit after then headed back home on the bike.  When we got home, we grabbed Rookie and went to visit the Guthrie's for "bath time" and now we are closing our day.  It was a good one.  We actually got in just in time to see Lance pitch.  I love to see that sweet face on t.v.  It makes me smile, and I don't even realize I'm smiling until I feel my mouth doing it!  We miss you!!!

Have a great night!  Sleep, LJ Sleep!
Love,
Jamie

0 comments: