Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ahhhh...

Wow.  LJ just fell asleep and it's 11 p.m.  Lance said, "didn't you get the memo?  after the road-trip, he's a baseball baby!"  Ahh...now if he'd only sleep in like the "baseball babies" do, I'd be happy to jump into this pattern!  :)  That being said, he is sleeping in a crib tonight!  Maybe this transition and being back "at home" for a few weeks will make our nights a bit better.  He does have a molar about to pop through in the top right, though.  With that one, there are still 3 others left to follow.  I now look at kids with mouths full of teeth with great respect.  It took a lot to get those teeth in there!  

So, we made it back to Baltimore pretty easily.  Lance traveled with my luggage, and that made it a lot easier.  Both the plane ride home and the cab ride were non-eventful.  He was such a good boy.  The positive to all this traveling is that before long, we will be pros!  
When we got home, we headed to babies r us to get a crib bumper.  He tosses and turns a lot, so we needed something to protect flailing arms and legs in the night.  When I returned home, I realized that the crib mattress was too high and that I didn't have the tools to fix it.  So, tonight, I"ll be jumping up to check every time LJ moves, making sure he's not jumping out.  We'll find the proper Allen wrench tomorrow and fix it.  
They came and took our table and chairs while we were gone.  While I feel a bit conflicted, (shoudn't we really be eating at a table?), we are in a tiny apartment and I needed the space.  WEll, LJ needed the space, actually.  A boy has to have room to play when the weather doesn't permit you to go outside.  
They were supposed to leave a chair, (his high-chair attaches to a chair for use), but they took them all.  So, LJ ate on the floor.  That's kind of sad, so I'm working it out to where we can at least let LJ eat properly in a high chair.  My biggest hope is for a compromise, though -- maybe getting a small table and two chairs here so that LJ and I can eat our meals at the table.  He's going to be ready to transition to just a booster in a few months, so I'd like to ease him into that here.  We'll see.  So, for me, today, it's been all about mattresses being too high, cribs needing bumpers, tables being taken away and a toddler eating on the floor.  If it sounds bad, it wasn't.  It was just full of those kinds of things.  It was actually pretty good.  :)
I'm glad to be back in Baltimore.  It's very homey and I am about to put clean sheets on our bed.  I am a home-body at heart, so wherever my home is at the moment, my body is happy there.  I hope you are happy where you are tonight.  Get some good rest!!
Love you!
Jamie 

0 comments: