Monday, May 12, 2008

In Baltimore!

We made it!  LJ was a GEM after his 5:30 a.m. wake-up call, and we headed to the airport via the Holiday Inn Shuttle in Birmingham.  After a relatively easy check-in, (dismantling the car seat, carry-on contraption we have), we played till boarding time.  We had a great flight, aside from rough weather entering Baltimore, and LJ was so good!!!   It was so good to see Lance's smiling face at baggage claim.  It seemed like a long time, and LJ was just as thrilled.

After picking up the baggage, we headed to look at apartments.  After looking we decided on a 2 bedroom ( 2nd bedroom is a stretch), one bath in downtown Baltimore.  It's within about a mile-and-a-half from the field, and we have a Whole Foods Grocery across the street!  High prices aside, I could just stroll through there every day and come out with a piece of cake, nice cut of meat or whatever.  I'm excited about that - actually, we just walked back home from there, and LJ is busy drinking his whole milk as I type.  
The apartment is like a high-rise hotel.  We park in a parking garage, find the correct door, (we'll figure that out in time), find the right elevator and proceed to room # 927.  We are facing a nice green area, (Rookie isn't allowed there, so we have to take him all the way down to walk), and the water of the "inner harbor" is just beyond there.  It's an entirely different style of living than we are used to, and we are excited about getting used to it.  If you have to leave home, it's nice to stretch a little and live a bit different.  We'll be a "city family", hopefully, for the next few months.  Any visitors are WELCOME!  We have a Courtyard Marriot LITERALLY across the street.  I'd offer up our "2nd bedroom", but it has windows and you couldn't even change without being visible to the rest of the apartment.  The nice thing, though -- I can peek in on LJ through those windows as he sleeps!
OK, so that's it...we are all moved in, though not completely unpacked.  It's been a LONG day, but the days will get shorter as we get more done...and they'll be filled with more fun.  
I hope you are doing great!!  We are doing well and learning our new, neat area.  Goodnight!
Love,
Jamie

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I just went apartment shopping with my brother in downtown Cincy and I have to admit I was a little jealous. I love the suburbs, but downtown living can be really neat. And a Whole Foods across the street? That's as good as a mall. Rookie might need to start using a litter box to save you some trips down. :)

Glad you're back with your man. Soak up the time together!