Wow! This is our 50th post -- we've done so much in those 50 entries, and I think I want to go back and look -- see how things have changed. It's been a good 50, I think :)
We had a great day today -- LJ slept till 7:40 which is SO long for him. He was so happy when he woke up. We took Rook outside for a great walk and had a great workout. LJ really likes it there, and his mom enjoys the quiet time for a bit!
After lunch and nap, we decided to bike up to Federal Hill Park. It provides a beautiful view of the city as well as being part of history -- both the Civil War and the War of 1812 have landmarks there. There was an old but sufficient playground, and LJ played and swang for over an hour!
On our way home, we (I) decided to drive through Little Italy to Vacarro's Pastry Shop. We stopped in for some cookies! It took only 5 minutes, but will provide DAYS' worth of joy in our kitchen :) We even brought some for our neighbors, (the Guthrie's)...these things are best enjoyed shared. The five minutes we took to get cookies was just enough time to get caught in the rain and lose one of LJ's shoes (an imitation croc from Payless), but I still think it was worth it.
We found out today that we'll be taking a great trip with my mom, sister, brother and nieces to Cancun before the Christmas holidays. I'm SO looking forward to it --- it's rare you get to spend a week with your siblings and parent once you are grown. The early trip means we'll be able to see Lance's family at his cousin's wedding, too -- everyone will get to be together at some point during the holidays -- that's what I'm talking about! Hectic, but family-filled Holiday :)
So now, it's bath time and down time. I wanted to post early so I could get myself ready after LJ goes down. I'm tired tonight and want to take advantage of my sleeping angel :) Hopefully we'll have a repeat of last night!
Love,
Jamie




0 comments:
Post a Comment