Well, with a big city comes big opportunities. I had some of those today. Though they may not seem big to the average person, LJ and I did some things that were "big" to us today. After a good morning with Lance, lunch at home and a nap for the little one, LJ and I headed out, via bicycle, deeper into downtown to pick up another antibiotic for him. The CVS we went to is in the depths of downtown, ( no parking ), so LJ and I headed to the parking garage, unlocked the bike, got him situated and found our way there. With a stop sign right by the CVS, I hooked our bike to it and LJ and I headed in. It took us 45 minutes to get our prescription, and victoriously, we walked back out to unhook the bike and head home. LJ enjoyed our ride so much, he spontaneously patted my back and said, "I wu zu" ( I love you), and my heart melted.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Exciting new things...
It sounds like no big deal, but the whole act of carrying LJ or coercing him to follow you to the garage, keeping his whining to a minimum as you set him up, figure out how to unhook the bike and then find your way around downtown in Friday traffic is an undertaking, especially at first. It was pretty liberating to find our way home, (this time via a scenic route I felt confident enough to try), then lock up the bike , successfully back in the parking garage. I am still tired from being sick, LJ being sick and just everything, but as I walked into our apartment I felt a little burst of energy at the possibilities that stood before us if I learned to do this well. Driving, (especially a diesel), is inconvenient here, but a bike can go anywhere. Also, you can see so much of the city by bike - it is spotless, and I see that they are taking extreme care to keep it beautiful. There are workers in green shirts all day, every day, planting, sweeping, cleaning...you name it. It's neat to see a downtown area so clean.
After returning home and taking Rookie out, LJ and I packed up the stroller and headed to Whole Foods for milk and fruit. We ended up also getting yogurt, granola, 2 crab cakes and some sauteed cauliflower. I am reheating the crab and cauliflower for dinner now -- a little luxury I am excited about. I brought my groceries home in my re-useable bag, stowed under the stroller. That is fun to me - especially so since the Preakness (sp?) Race is here and the downtown area has live music all around to celebrate. Even LJ was dancing on our walk home.
So, now LJ is falling asleep, I'm typing and then going to eat before preparing for bed. I'm sure Lance will like his crab cake, salad and maybe some pasta for dinner. This, I could get used to!!
I hope your day was good --- ours are getting better as we get more comfortable and courageous in our surroundings.
Miss you lots!
Jamie
P.S. Check out the picture show below - I posted it this morning!
Posted by Jamie Cormier Photography at 5:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment