Well, as I type, LJ is falling asleep and I am watching the 7th inning of Lance's game. He got to pitch tonight, did well, and it's always fun to see his face close up on the screen. I feel like I don't see him enough, so it's a treasured thing to get to look at a life-sized, real-time video!
We had a good day today. LJ has been pretty fussy, so I think those last molars are on their way. Yesterday and the day before when I asked him what was wrong, he put his finger in his mouth and said, "teeth". Poor thing. Regardless, he was happy in childcare today while Lance and I worked out together. I usually shower there, so I was excited to find out that the "steam shower" was fixed. It is literally a little steam room with a shower in it. I'm telling you -- I'm surprised that they don't have a sign-up sheet for that thing - it was heavenly! It's like a spa treatment or something. I told LJ's "teacher", Latreesa, that it is worthy of taking him there, just so I can take that shower!
After working out, we went to eat with some of Lance's family friends from Lafayette. There are not many places, ( I was originally told there were none), that are kid-friendly in Little Italy, but we found one! LJ had his roughest lunch, probably ever, (just didn't want to be there), so it was nice to have such a casual place. Lance had a tortellini pasta dish, and he said it was AWESOME. I had their special appetizer, (bread bowl with creamy butter sauce and shrimp) for my entree. I was chasing LJ through the restaurant and outside, so I almost forget what it tasted like! :)
After his nap, we decided to go out on the "terrace" I have written about before. It's the floor below us, right outside our window, where the pool and a large porch are located. It is beautiful - nice view of the harbor and boats, and it also has a nice grassy play area near the pool. We met a little girl from Dubai that is here at John Hopkins getting treated for illness. Their english is limited, and I definitely don't speak their language, but I understand enough that they have been here two months and will be here two more. She has a disease that made closing and opening her hands impossible, but she proudly showed me that she can almost close and open them all the way. God bless her, she is precious -- she wanted so badly to swim. She kept telling LJ, "come"...eventually, I gave in, and the two of them were splashing like crazy in the COLD jacuzzi. It was worth it -- they both were laughing so hard. I told her we'd brave the waters and swim later this week. Not sure she fully understood, but she said, "what day?" I think we have a date.
So, that's it for us. It was a nice day, and I am thankful for the things God shows me. A precious little girl this evening - she will definitely be in my prayers tonight. Have a great night's sleep -- hope you enjoyed the pictures!
Love,
Jamie




0 comments:
Post a Comment