Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fun day!



Hello!  We are just not getting in and settled - it's after 10 p.m. and we went to our first game at Camden Yards.  It is BEAUTIFUL!  It's huge with all kinds of vendors, food, even a playground for the kids.  LJ played on it for an hour - at least 30 other kids playing, too.  It was every man for himself, and he did just fine.  He wanted to play, so I stayed on the outside of the little fort and followed him step for step, worried he might get hit or pushed.  He wasn't even aware of me, and went up, down and through it to the slide over and over.  I was only a hug's reach away, but he didn't even notice.  It was a fun night for him.  It was fun for me, too -- some friends from our days in Lancaster, Ca. (single A), were there, and it was so nice to catch up.  Bob Olaveson was in town for work, and they joined us for a game in Baltimore.  What a small world! 

Lance and I rode our bikes through the city today looking for the YMCA.  It ends up that the one we thought was close is actually just their head office.  Rather than bike even further, we decided to tour the gym across the street from our apartment.  It is nice, and there is childcare by appointment so that they don't overcrowd the area.  I hope it goes well...there is a 15 day grace period if he or I don't like it, so it's worth a try.  
Lance's final game at home is tomorrow before he heads to NY on Monday.  It's a day game, and I think we will all bike to the park tomorrow...Lance in the morning and LJ and I after his nap.  It really is easier here to bike than to drive, and LJ enjoys the bike-seat more than the carseat.  It's so soothing, he falls asleep IMMEDIATELY if he's sleepy.  It's a good help if he had a bad night's sleep, and I think he enjoys the wind in his face. Check out the attached pic.   While he slept this morning, Lance and I parked our bikes and ate a cupcake from a local bakery.  What fun!  
Well, that's our day - Sorry if I jumped around a lot - it's late and time for bed!  Have a good night's sleep!  I'm in the hunt for a wonderful church in the Baltimore area -- if anyone has connections with one here, drop me a line!
Love,
Jamie

0 comments: