Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

Well, I'm sorry I haven't written in a couple of days -- I made it home!  After a cancelled flight, begging myself on to a later standby with a tired toddler and confused dog, I finally got home.  Our upstairs AC was out, (just ended up being a problem with a breaker, yay!), and our lawn was in bad shape.  I am so glad we came home!  These little problems are now in the process of being fixed, so when we leave, the house will be cool and our yard will be beautiful!  :)

Lj is slowly adapting to being at home.  It's much larger than the 800 square feet (maybe less) that we occupy in Baltimore, and at first he was a bit scared for the large space.  I'd leave the room, he'd cry, wondering where I was going.  I think he's just now reaching the age of awareness, and with that awareness comes some fear.  He's slowly getting used to it and beginning to enjoy playing in the yard, his little toys in the garage, but if we're home, he would still rather be right b my side,  and I think he still prefers indoors.  It's a tough thing because he can't actually specify to me what's scary, but he can definitely show me he's uncomfortable.  We did go to the pool today, though, and we had a blast!  I can see a lot of that in our future.  I know it will be just a few short days and LJ will be well adjusted and we will have a great time all day.
Rookie, on the other hand, is the happiest of us all.  He is forever bringing me toys to throw, running around the house and yard.  He barks at the front door just so that I'll let him out and he can sit on the stoop in the sun.  If he could talk, I think he'd say, "thanks so much for bringing me home...I love it here."  I'm in his camp, but I know I'll be even happier once LJ enjoys it like Rookie and I.  
I found an internet connection tonight to write this post, but the cable guy comes tomorrow to set up our phone and internet.  I'll have the good, "picture uploading" broadband then, so I'll be sure to have some pictures ready.
I hope you are having a great week.  We love and miss you!  Lance - we can't wait to see you.  I know it's going to be a while, but it sure will be fun to be together again soon!!! I love you!
Love,
Jamie

2 comments:

Jessie said...

so glad you made it home safely, even if it was an annoying trip! I am sure that by the time you finish with it, the yard will look fantastic. much love!

Jamie Cormier Photography said...

thanks friend! how are you??????????? :)