Monday, July 7, 2008

Early morning, but a good day!

Pics from the 4th and some from today:
The fireworks from our balcony
He's not so sure...gonna watch from his room
LJ and Rookie enjoying a cookie
Painting Pluto and "Hot Dog" -- it's water that turns color - not paint on the carpet :)
Is this too cute or what?

My sweet husband left town again today, but not before giving me some rest this morning.  I got LJ back to sleep eventually, (after his original 5 a.m. wake-up) and when he woke up, Lance took him and Rookie out.  When I got up, (gasp!) the laundry was almost done.  I don't dislike many household chores, but laundry is one of those I avoid.  My husband, (my hero) was folding laundry and playing with LJ this morning.  How wonderful!  Only one of the many reasons I was sad to see him go today :)  I joke with him saying that "When I said 'I do', I didn't mean the laundry!"  
After Lance left, LJ and I colored and played inside while I got the rest of the house cleaned up.  We wiped and vacuumed and had a great time.  By dinner, we were hungry and ready to go to the park with our friends Avery and Hudson!  We played till almost 8 o'clock, then LJ and I took Rookie out and looked for ducks to feed.  By the time we got in, it was getting late!  His bath was quick and as I type, he's falling asleep with his baseball bat and ball.  Don't most kids prefer blankets and teddy bears?  He asks for "bat" and "ball"?????...over and over until he can lay with them to sleep.  After I post, I'll go in there, pry the bat from his hands and find the ball so he can play with it in the morning.  
So, that's our day.  I'm going to go hop in the bath and get ready to read myself to sleep.  I made Lance some of his favorite sugar cookies with icing on them, so I think I may eat the last two left in the kitchen...in bed!  I'll clean out the crumbs before you come home, Lance.  We miss you already!
I hope you had a great day -- get some good rest tonight and have a good one tomorrow as well.
Love,
Jamie


2 comments:

Alicia, Brandon and Reagan said...

How adorable that he sleeps with a ball and bat! Just so you know, you are my nightly therapy/routine before I go to sleep. I always check everyone's blogs to see who has a new post and I always enjoy reading yours and looking at your great pics. BTW, did you take a photography class? I also showed Brandon your blog and he loved checking in on you guys and he especially liked the pic of LJ and his bat. :)

Jamie Cormier Photography said...

So funny! Glad I could be a part of your nighttime routine! :) I love reading yours as well -- Reagan is so beautiful! What a precious little family you have!

No, I didn't take a photography class, my camera is just good! I love playing with it - I take most shots in "auto" mode and then play with them on my mac in iPhoto, ( changing to black/white or sepia, antiquing or fading the color or adding a border. It's too much fun!
Have a great day!!