Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lance!!

feeding the ducks with dad


Happy Birthday 28th Birthday, Lance!


mmmm...cake!


Such a sad face...he's looking at Lance get his bag ready to leave


...but he quickly decided he was o.k., gave him a kiss goodbye and said, "bye, daddy!"


Well, what a great day!  LJ wanted to stay up late and wait on Lance last night - I don't think he believed me that he was coming home, so we all laid in bed together until 11:30.  Because of that, LJ slept in, (YAY!), and Lance and I were able to get some good rest as well.  

After waking up, we went to walk Rookie with some bread to feed the ducks.  Well, the ducks must have known that it was Lance's birthday because there were 22 of them!  They came to wish him well, and I think they were a little upset because we only had 3 slices of bread!  
After the ducks, we came in, had breakfast and Lance opened up his birthday gifts then headed to the pool.  LJ swam better than he ever has today.  Between Lance and I, there was like 6+ feet of pool, and he swam back and forth with no problem.  So fun! 
 
When LJ was tired and saying, "home...home", we headed back, gave him a bath then walked to the local Mexican place to grab lunch.  It was a great lunch, but we made sure to save some room for birthday cake.  It is from Safeway, but it is so good!  We have to get this thing out of our house so we don't go after it with just a fork!  Tell me LJ isn't my kid...we were in the middle of eating cake and LJ decided to stop, clasp his hands and pray to bless the cake, all on his own.  We all stopped and said our thanks - If you can't bless cake, you've got a problem!  :)

After Lance left, LJ took a bit of a late nap.  When he woke, we walked Rookie then played inside before dinner.  He had some pasta with chicken and apple sauce on the side.  Then, we went to work out -- LJ is usually the only one there at night (like private babysitting for an hour!), so we went there for a bit.  He is totally over his stomach bug, but I would like to wait just a bit longer before letting him hug on other little people - stomach bugs are no fun!  He had a blast, and I got a good work out in.

So, now it's the end of the day.  We got to watch Lance throw, and LJ is infatuated with seeing his face.  He goes and grabs a glove and ball, mimicking him, then sitting in my lap and singing, "charge, daddy!".  We'll head to a game later this week -- he enjoys it a lot, but I think he enjoys watching it in the chair with me even more.
I hope your day was great -- we miss and love you lots!
Love,
Jamie

0 comments: