Well, we just watched our little shushybye show and said our prayers, so it's bedtime. LJ is such a sweetie. I had a great day with him today.
He hit a milestone -- he had is first FULL day in underwear, no pull-ups! He even napped in underwear, (I'm really asking for it, huh?), but I thought he was ready and the day was a good one for possible accidents. I don't mind cleaning it up, and I wanted to see how he did. He didn't have an accident until about 15 minutes ago - (7:20 a.m. until 9 p.m.) with no accidents! I don't expect every day to be this good -- I was really attentive and he was up for it, but I think we are slowly making big progress. He's so young that I'm not sure he knows when he's about to go all the time, but we're getting there. I think the advantage to starting this early is that you really cut down on diapers and will finish early, although slowly. The downside is that because they are so young, it takes a while. With a three-year-old, for instance, they understand rewards, what you want them to do, and they can physically control things a bit more. I'm happy we are on our way because I think we're almost done, but I can see where it's nice to wait as well.
We had a great play day today, too. After breakfast, we went to work out for just a short while and then played until lunch. It rained almost all day, so our playtime outside was restricted. We did go for a good swim indoors at the gym this evening, though - I'm not sure how we filled the day otherwise. I can tell you it included A LOT of hitting with the bat, A LOT of catching with the glove, some puzzles, a few books, some cleaning and some fetch/chasing with Rookie. It was a good day.
I hope yours was a good one, too. I'll post a few pics tomorrow!!!
To our family : please be safe as the hurricane nears. Our home is open and ready should you need it!!!
Love,
Jamie




0 comments:
Post a Comment