Well, we all know that Rookie is not really a "party poodle", (poodle of different colors, for those of you who didn't know what that was), but that's what we paid for, so we still call him one :) He's really a poodle-ish mutt, but my point is that he had it up to his floppy ears with LJ the other day and retaliated. I think LJ fell directly on Rookie's neck and the dog who has been chased, jumped on and pulled on repeatedly, bit back. It was just a retaliatory bite, (his way of saying "oww!!" with a 40 lb. kid on his neck, but it sent the message louder and clearer than my, "please be soft with Rookie"'s ever have. If you look closely on his left cheek, you can see the proof. It was so close to the eye that it almost went from being a lesson learned to a hospital visit. We are thankful. I watch them extra closely now, but LJ is SO much softer and Rookie even appears to be more patient...for the moment. I had to pop Rookie's nose after he did it, and I think LJ is being kind so that I don't do that again - it broke his heart. I thought he was crying after "the incident", but spanking Rookie got even louder wails. It's a love-hate relationship, not unlike brothers.
I don't know about you, but Rookie still looks like he's just tolerating LJ
After the game, the boys share a chat before a little baseball
LJ warming up in "the pen", pitching to his favorite hitter.
Lance trying to convince him to let him be the pitcher. LJ's like, "but you get to do it all the time..."
I love this one. Lance is jumping over LJ and LJ doesn't even realize it. The shadow is cute, too.




2 comments:
I'm so glad that the two of them are ok. Omg, we watch our Rookie all the time because of that (he's also 12 of your Rookie's in size) but I worry about that one time he might snap. I'm glad they are on good terms now though!! Siblings and their fights!! Love these of LJ & Lance playing on the field!! So adorable!!
awe :( Poor little L.J and poor Rookie. Its hard being the big little brother. I love the pictures of L.J. and Lance too! Always so cute! Thanks for the info about the GAP jeans.
Post a Comment