Tuesday, June 16, 2009

4 cups of tea later...


Well, I told LJ he could watch one more inning of the game with me while we had our nightly pot of tea, (finally!  someone will share a pot of tea with me!  :) ), and the inning went for like 35 minutes!  We relaxed on the couch, sipping our tea, saying "cheers", (me spilling mine while telling LJ to be careful not to spill his)  Giggling, watching some baseball...it was great.  I got lots of "mom...you're funny" ' s  and "mom...we're buddies" 's.  Fun, fun night!  Those are my favorite times.  Just quiet ones at night before bed where we just sit together.

We had a great day today.  We ate breakfast at the pool and then swam all morning.  We came up for peanut butter sandwiches and then it was nap time.  He asked to nap on the couch, so I laid down with him.  It was a GREAT little nap, and about an hour later, we were up and ready for the gym.  I went for a quick run while he played in his "class", then we went to Tijuana Flats, ( a fast-food mexican place), for dinner.  I had a salad, and he had chicken tenders with chips and queso.  He could exist on chips and queso.  We sat at a high table on bar stools and he was silent while he ate, (a rarity, I assure you).  Queso was all over him, from head to toe, but he LOVED it!  After that, we went to a place that he calls "the farm", (it's a barn-looking building that sells ice cream).  We had a cone and used the extra quarter in a gumball machine to get little toy.  

When we got home, we both showered and got in our pajamas before taking Rookie out.  When we got in, he said, "hey, mom...where's my tea?".  So, I got a pot of his lavender white tea going, (I think it's so funny that he likes it), then we enjoyed an episode of Backyardigans before two innings of a game.  As I put up some of his clothes and put him to bed, he asked me to tell him a story about the Oriole Bird, (His best friend, he says).  I told him about the Oriole Bird being born from an egg then meeting a little baseball player.  I asked, "what is the little boy's name?"  He says, "LJ!"  So cute.  After a goodnight kiss, I'm typing this, putting up the computer and finishing my last-minute stuff before heading to Gulf Shores tomorrow.  

Sorry there aren't any pictures, but the camera's already packed!  I do hope this descriptive post made some cute mental ones for you, though ...goodnight!  We miss you, Lance!  See you on Father's Day!!

0 comments: