Monday, March 29, 2010


Well, strides have been made this spring training! LJ is semi-consistently sleeping through the night, he's getting ahold of more pitches with his bat than he's missing, and...he's lost his fear of mascots, (or maybe just this one?). I saw "Stoney", the local mascot, making his way over to the playground where LJ was playing. I pulled out my camera as LJ wandered his way. I thought he'd keep a pole-length's distance, but after watching cautiously, he walked right up to him. Keep in mind: this is the kid who as absolutely FREAKED when -
  • the Chic-fil-a cow made his way into our elevator at the field.
  • the "Oriole Bird", (whom he says is his "best friend"), also (but at a different time) came into our elevator
  • Raymond (the Rays mascot) so much as came into our section last year.
He's got his eye out, and no Mascot is safe, (even Big Al!) If they head our way, we know it. During most games, I know where the mascot is, just from LJ keeping me updated. So, I had to catch this moment. Can you believe it? In so many ways, our little boy is growing up!



1 comments:

Heather Smith said...

too cute....so glad that you were able to capture it with a picture....glad to hear that spring training was good for all of you, we miss you and can not wait to see ya'll in May.