Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Scooter Rides

Well, the weather has turned cooler, so we opted for a great scooter ride/Rookie walk this morning. We rode all the way from our house to the "alligator sign" (a pond with a sign that says "Don't feed the Alligators". I need to upload a picture of the sign. The alligator has a bandana around his neck, and I may be wrong, but I think he has a fork in his hand, too. LJ says, " he looks hungry" every time we pass it. He really does. :) We haven't seen the real gator yet, but it's a good destination for a scooter ride. It is over a mile from our house, though, so it makes for tired little legs.


I love to watch him while he scooters. I give him some freedom, letting him go far ahead of me as long as there's no street in sight. He stops when the sidewalk ends. I can see him going into his own world as he enjoys his freedom. It's like he's scootering into another dimension, and he just loses himself in the journey. I laugh at how far away and little he is in the picture above - he's getting so big. If you look at the bottom of the pictures, I've been labeling them so I can keep track of what we've been doing, or what I've been thinking while taking them. They're hard to see, but I know they are there.


Along the way, though, sometimes you need to rest. He's still in his own world there - counting something. His imaginary friend, "Yaha" who has taken a larger role in his life lately, is talking with him. I think he's arguing with him here - they seem to argue a lot! :) I told LJ that if Yaha is going to live with us, he's going to have to be nicer. Anyone's welcome into our family, but we treat each other with kindness, real or imaginary. :) So far, I know that Yaha has black hair, is five years old, but knows how to drive a truck. He is a good playmate, but is often enticing LJ to do something he shouldn't. LJ's quick to blame him when things get out of hand. :)





This is him before we turn around and head home. He says, "I need to take a breaf". He rested for a while before we headed home. On our way home, a little bird sang us a song. He stopped on top of a sign, looked at us, and just started singing. We stopped and listened till he flew away - LJ's still talking about it.

So, that's our day so far. It's been a good one! I hope you enjoyed the walk with us - we'll catch you up on more later. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Heather Smith said...

wonderful post....love the pictures

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

Shelby and I had a bird do the same thing to us on our walk yesterday. We stopped and watched/listened till he flew away.. so pretty, and we were so close we could see the little throat moving. "Shelby's friends" are coming around often too. Lately her thing is.. She'll do something new or say something, and I'll say where did you hear/learn that? She blames it on her friends.. "Shelby's friends teach me that". Fun post.. good pics!