I know, I know...all of the pictures I put up of LJ these days are of him playing baseball. I gotta tell you, though - that's all he does. Unless we're in the pool, (which I don't want to go near with my camera alone - prior incident), he is playing baseball. Catching, throwing, pitching, sliding - you name it. Right now, he has me waving a Rays car flag and saying "Go Rays" or "Go LJ" while he plays, (catcher mask on backwards, footy pj's, and glove). If I type for longer than 10 seconds or so, he says, "Mom, Go Rays!", and back to waving I go!
He's doing all this right now while he's sick. The pictures below are of us outside with Rookie, keeping from adding cabin fever to our list of symptoms. He's been running a good fever and coughing with a bit of a runny nose. You can tell by his face, mainly his eyes, that he's not 100%, but he continues to play. Like Cal Ripken, Jr., this boy is not going to sit one out. The team's counting on him. :) He's getting better, so maybe he can actually go to Lance's game tomorrow before the Rays head out again...and we do, too! LJ and I get to go home!
We hope you enjoy this post - sorry it looks so much like all the others! I'd say it's a phase, but I don't think so. This boy's got the bug, and I think it will last LONG past baseball season :)
OK, one non-baseball one...he's probably praying for baseball-related things, though. We pray for our entire extended family every night by name, then he adds his own tid-bits..."God bless the boys", etc. ("The boys" are the players)
Rookie sitting next to me as I play "catcher". It's not ideal, but he's a trooper, just happy to be outside.
LJ's turn!
The big pitch - I'm taking a risk by catching it and taking a picture at the same time. Luckily, it didn't hit me in the head!
Sweet catcher. If you look in his eyes, you can see he's not feeling great. Also, you can see his "goggle marks" from the pool -- he wears those ALL DAY when we're out there, so he's got almost a permanent mark because he likes them TIGHT! :)




2 comments:
I can't wait to get to see this boy in action in July! Love your pictures! We just got a really great camera from my parents for my b'day...I need to learn how to use it! Got any tips :)...aside from having a REALLY cute subject to snap!
Your post always put a smile on my face. He is all boy!
Post a Comment