Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Date night" :)


What a fun night for LJ and his mom!  We weren't too sure how the weather was going to play out this afternoon, so we headed to Tampa for a Mom and LJ "date night".  The traffic was horrible, (is it always that bad going from St. Pete to Tampa, I wonder?), but LJ's patience, (or his impatienceand/or my patience) was rewarded with a big cup of tea from teavana for me and some playtime at the International Plaza playground for him.  We haven't been there in a while, and I needed to look for some laces (laces that you don't have to tie, but just pull on) for my race this weekend.  There's an awesome running store at the mall, and I got some good info from some experienced triathletes that work there .  They began with their "horror stories" of their first ocean swim, and I just side-tracked them into the details I needed.  I'm nervous enough as it is, people!  :)  

Anyway, LJ and I went to a sushi restaurant early and ate dinner.  He LOVES soup - he ate the seaweed and tofu happily out of his miso soup then ate an entire shrimp tempura roll.  He wanted my spicy tuna, but I just barely kept it out of his reach.  Because he was so good, he got an ice cream after.  We ate it outside then headed back for a little more playtime for him.  He is learning that "if you leave sweet, you get to go back"...I like to reward him for leaving the playground, (or any other place he REALLY doesn't want to leave) without a fight.  So, we went back for a few more minutes of play - he is a crazy boy in there - running bases, sliding, pretend hitting, catching "balls" over the fence...you name it.  Wherever we are, whatever we are doing, LJ is going to try and turn it in to some kind of baseball game.  He woke me up with a catcher's mask this morning, trying to put it on me saying, "Here, mommy.  You're the umpire".  

Oh, I almost forgot!  LJ got to spend some time with a local babysitter today.  I had to do a swim, ( the only one of the three I can't possibly do with LJ), then I ran.  It was awesome to be able to do that even with Lance gone.  With the race Sunday morning, I can't slack this week.  I have prepared so well, and I don't want to lose the fitness level I have worked for.  I do all three VERY slowly, but I am ready for my 1/2 mile ocean swim, 16 mile bike then 5K.  How exciting, huh?  The babysitter, Courtney, was awesome, and she's even going to keep LJ (or watch him sleep) Monday night so that Lance and I can go grab a bite to eat.  It will be his first day off at home this season, (crazy first two months), and we are going to have a blast!  Lots of Lance and Jamie time coming up in the next month or so, and I'm thankful we made it through the beginning season schedule.

OK, so enough rambling from me.  I know that a lot of this post jumps around, but I'm tired!  I'm going to go finish my pot of white lavender tea and go to bed.  Enjoy the pictures below - Goodnight!!



We got a sweet invitation to spend Memorial Day with some players' wives.  LJ had a blast - can you see the cupcake flag on his face?  :)


We missed Rookie so much this trip, and I think he even missed LJ!  They have been playing non-stop in the mornings.  Sweet boys.


LJ jumps from one end of the pool and swims to the other, over and over.  He's turned the corner - one of the little things that reminds me he is not a baby any more.  What a fish!


We were playing "baseball" in the pool, (of course) and LJ had to go "take a shower like dad" after he "pitched".  Luckily, there's one right by the pool :)


There's something about this view:  his shoulders, neck and back of his little head that gets me.  I love it.


My little sushi eater.  Can you believe that?  He loves it!


And, the best part!!


Pitching with all his might - no ball, that's o.k.  He even does it without a glove on most occasions :)  He says, "Mom, I'm Lance Coom-i-ey"


Way back, way back...that ball is...caught!    




1 comments:

Jenn McPherson said...

I haven't even met him but just from blogging he looks so grown in these pics!! So adorable! You go girl! Triathlon! For years I ran 5k, 10k, half marathons all the time and I miss it! You are motivating me! Photography keeps me at the computer WAY too much!! Have fun!! That is so awesome!