


Just checking in! Things are great here - less than one week until we find out if Lance makes the team or not. We find out Sunday! If he does, we move that day to LA. If he doesn't, he has an "out" in his contract, meaning he can go back on the market and look for a job with another team. It's exciting and normal for us, all at once. Situations like these have been common for Lance, and he is a FIGHTER! I don't think I could do it, but he continues to just go out there and do his job.
Out of the 9 years he's been doing this, we have only had ONE in which we were certain of his destination after the spring. His performance this spring training has been fantastic, but it's always hard to know if you have a chance of making the team, regardless. Teams have their idea of who should make it and who won't before the camp begins. A lot of times guys are brought in as "just-in-case" scenarios...if someone gets hurt, etc. Some teams are super loyal to "their guys" - the ones who have come up with them. You never know how a team sees you until opening day of the Major League season, despite what they may tell you. It's nice that the "up in the air" period of it all is coming to an end shortly. We have seen God's hand through every move so far, and it's our pleasure to trust Him now. We sure have enjoyed taking in the Phoenix dessert as we wait, though! The weather has been amazing!
These pictures are of LJ and Lance playing ball at the big playground in our complex. It is great, and we try to go every day. I have been taking LOTS of pictures and filling my time with some fantastic photo sessions. I'm getting the photography blog up to date, so check it out by clicking here.
I hope this post finds you well! I promise to keep you posted as we find out more! Until then, we are faithfully waiting and having fun!




0 comments:
Post a Comment