Tuesday, May 24, 2011



I wanted to take a quick post to just catch everyone up. Today, Lance was released from the Dodgers, and we are currently in a holding-pattern, waiting to see if there is another opportunity for him out there. He's had a tough role and a tough time so far this year. He has pushed through, and been such an amazing example. God, in all of his Amazing Grace, paved this road, and we are just riding as passengers. There are details and encouragements that we've had along the way that are unnecessary and just little glimpses of God's love that He's given us. Simply little ways that he shows us, I love you. Let me show you. Lance not being alone today, but being with his parents as he received the news. God giving Lance the courage to stand up for things before joining this team that will now give him freedom to make the choices he wants to make. Lots and lots of things...I could go on.

Lance is AMAZING. The man is humble, kind and tough. He's more than I can say. Through him receiving this news today & looking into an uncertain future, he was praising the performance of the guy who took his place, texting me "good for him. The Dodgers youth movement has begun..." All this as he's on the plane ride home, alone, observing the new guy's performance. And he means it. So, for the next few days, we get him here with US! There's a certain protocol that must be followed, so our next steps will be delayed accordingly. Time together: What a wonderful compensation, though not enough to pay what he's put in these years. I'll take anything I can get, though, as far as time with him. I am SO PROUD he is ours.

I promise to keep you posted. I don't know when we will know what we'll know, but I'll make sure to share. We are hoping for a minor league placement, at least, so that Lance can continue his dream. Thankful, and in a few hours, together. Because in the end, isn't that what REALLY matters?

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Claiming it, trusting it,living it, year after year!

(Below, pics from last week's farmer's market...this week, we plan to show Lance!)
The two reasons we go: flavored honey straws, straight from the beekeeper...


and the balloon man! What will he come up with next?



1 comments:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

humble, kind, and tough... yes, I see all that in him :)

we were there last year.. not fun. This year Brian has done amazing, but it's all happening in 3A. You just never know!?! We are enjoying Charlotte while we are here... I vote y'all talk to the white sox :) ha..

Hugs to you all.. enjoy your family time!!