Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Something new

Well, today, Lance and I spent LJ's nap time out in the back yard in my little "seating area".  We cleared about 15 trees out of our back yard, laid some stone and mortar, and put Rocking chairs and a chiminea on it.  (When I say "we", I mean we paid someone to do all that - we're not that good!)  Anyway, during LJ's nap, we lounged out there.  I brought a book, and Lance took a nap.  It was CHILLY - Lance usually freezes me out at night, so he thought he'd be warm enough in shorts, a t-shirt and a blanket.  He woke up freezing, so we headed inside.  It was great, though - quiet time, looking at the woods, trees changing color, high fall sky....We loved every minute.  Next time, though, we'll bundle up!


We just returned from a great dinner with our friends, The Bruneys.  It was so fun to watch LJ play with Shelby.  He wet his pants, and the unprepared mom I was, I forgot a back-up.  He came home in Shelby's leopard fleece pants - they even had bows on the bottom.  What can you do?  A boy's gotta wear pants!  I took pictures of both the back yard and our visit with them, so I'll post them soon.  Lance is calling me to watch a program on DVR, so I better run!  
Hope you are great!!!

1 comments:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

Hey girl... We enjoyed having ya'll over. I'm not sure if you realized yet, but you left your jacket. I'll trade you jacket for Shelby's leopard pants :). Do you need it before Friday?