Monday, August 15, 2011

On our last full day in Durham, I dragged the boys we all decided to grab our passports and head on over to the Canadian side of the falls to see the Butterfly Conservatory. Lance's game had been rained out, and we had enough time, (or so I thought) before they closed. I LOVE stuff like that, and LJ & Lance just tolerated it because they love me! As we headed for the border, we hit some traffic. The traffic was pretty much bumper to bumper, 40 minutes, and we were past the point of "no return /I don't want to go to Canada anymore" so we just waited. We had so many different little interruptions, Lance finally yelled to no one in particular, "WE JUST WANT TO SEE SOME BUTTERFLIES!!" LOL

Well, we finally did. We got there, paid full price and and went in just an hour before they closed. In my book, totally worth it, but you'll have to ask LJ and Lance what they think. Lance looked a little bored, and LJ has recently developed a fear of ALL flying insects. Not a fan. He tolerated it, but there was no way he was letting those little guys land on him. I had to tell both of them more than once, "you CAN'T swat the butterflies!" The picture above was taken of LJ while he had NO idea that he had a butterfly on his hat. Lance, though, could probably have cared less if a butterfly landed on him, and at one point he had FIVE on him! So cool! I think they loved his shirt.

So, all-in-all, a great trip. My sweet little family totally indulged me, and I enjoyed every moment. I hope you enjoy the pics. It was pretty dark in there so a good picture without a flash was a challenge. I totally recommend this if you're ever near Niagara!!

Thank you, Durham Bulls! Otherwise, we would probably never have traveled to Buffalo, NY and seen such beautiful stuff!!



I had a little friend who traveled with me on my hip :)

The brown and white butterflies LOVED this little hanging plant. They were all over it.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Butterflies are some of the most colorful creatures on earth. Glad you were able to make it there before it closed.

Lance and LJ will get over it.

POPS